2022 marks our 5th year of commitment to the United Nations Global Compact!
On the occasion of the European Week for Sustainable Development, let's take a look at some key concepts:
What does sustainable development mean?
It is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet theirs.
What are the highlights of this concept?
- 1987 marks the invention of the concept of sustainable development.
- In 2003, the launch of the Sustainable Development Week took place, which was initially a French initiative.
- In 2015, this initiative became a European movement which is part of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
What is the ambition of the European Week for Sustainable Development?
The European Sustainable Development Week aims to mobilise as many actors as possible, including companies.
Focus on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were set by the UN
- They are targets to be achieved by 2030
- Applying to all countries, worldwide
(Re)consult our latest CSR report !